Wednesday, May 24, 2006

GUIDE JOURNAL- DAY 24

7:00am- Get up. Make coffee. Haven't heard from Art. It's taking all the self control i can muster not to go down to Dark's place and hunt those birds. But I told Artie I wouldn't, so I stay home. Like all my business ventures, my guide business was way more art work than money maker. The few clients I had stopped calling and i never bothered to drum up anymore, prefering to just hunt and guide a few friends. 42 degrees and sunny. The weather is finally warming up. Yahoo news- Dylan is getting his own radio show and the horse that broke his leg running the Preakness is doing better. 50 million in stud fees is hanging in the balance. If they have to build him a fake leg they will. I saw Secretariet win the Preakness in 1973. I was working at the track as a hotwalker and still had shit on my boots at post time. The ticket taker pushed some rich woman with a goofy hat aside and ushered me and Luscious to the finish line. We got drunk and watched Johnny Unitas retire from the Baltimore Colts. That was the last time I was treated as such royalty. Write blog.
8:00am- Take a shower and start firring out the walls of the church. I ordered a sign- First Church of the Little Green Man- Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals. It should be done by July. I advise you to make reservations now.
9:00am- Pick up mail and buy cereal and yogurt at Rock Hill. Eat cereal and yogurt. Rip wood for interior walls and strip plaster. Client from NYC calls about building permits in Stone Ridge. Then she calls 4 more times.I sure don't want to do this job, but don't have much of a choice. I have to get some income. Take a good healthy shit. Some things money can't buy. End Day 24.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home