Friday, May 19, 2006

HUNTING JOURNAL- DAY 19

7:45 am- Get up. Drive to Exxon station and get coffee. Yesterday i fell asleep on the couch after taking a painkiller. I had this dream that Star and Christmo the elder had gotten divorced and I was living with Star in a large rambling house she had gotten in the settlement. Also in the dream were Bird, and all Christmo the elder's hillbilly relatives, who were hitting on Star. I had to defend my mother, so searched and searched for my gun, but couldn't find it. Then I got lost in the house. I couldn't get from point A to point B without extreme difficulty. I then called my father to scream at him and my sister Spunky answered the phone. I went off on her and she calmly replied that our father was doing fine. "Thanks for your concern."(Just like her to go with the money.) Then I woke up and immediately called my parents. The elder had just gone through another chemo treatment and said he felt fine for a one armed, one eyed man who had to pee razor blades every five minutes. Then the line clicked and it was Slick, drunk in NYC. "I just saw Aunntie Morgan." he said, referring to his ex- super model girlfriend. "She's very happy with her new boyfriend. Do you have Greg's # in the city? It's going to be one of those nights." I told him I was on the other line and didn't have Greg's #. "She could've lied about her happiness." he whined. I told him to hang in there. Then Bird called and said we should take the old man to Maine to attend Duke's kid Esak's graduation party, no matter how bad he feels. "Remember how we took Gramp to Canada when he was sick?" I did remember and thought it was a good idea to take the old man on a road trip. Star would never forgive us if we brought him back feet first.
Write Blog. 45 degrees and rainy.
9:00 am-Democracy Now- Some South American writer who answers Amy Goodman when she questions him about inspiration- "I only write when my hand itches." I'm working on a bosa nova on the guitar. Shewho emails me and says she's on the way.
10:00 am- Go to store and buy salad fixings and coffee. Decide to stay dry and forgo hunting today. That dream is still haunting me. My hand itches. End Day 19.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home