Friday, May 19, 2006

(:

Halloween weekend Y2K Friendly and Jeeves came up for a visit. The X had moved in with GNJohn and Mario in their new house down the road. I didn' t know those guys and was persona non grata by X decree, so it would be a while before I was welcome. God only knows what she was telling them about me. That same weekend, X's friend Michaela Angela Davis and her daughter (my goddaughter Eleni) also came up for a visit. XMY gave them permission to visit me. I may not have had kids but i had some great godchildren. We spread newspapers on the floor and spooned the guts out of pumpkins, carving crooked smiles in the shells. The XMY stayed down the hill stirring a cauldren of poison tea.
I hadn't had a drink for six months and barely smoked pot anymore. I replaced the Zolloft with Wellbutrin and that seemed to do the trick. Junie Bogart had lent me a bow and I began bow hunting. All in all I was feeling pretty good. So good, in fact, that when Friendly bought some wine and a bottle of rum I decided- what the hell? MAD and Eleni split and the adult party started. Sure I'll have another.
As Jeeves and i sat out on the porch discussing the difference between killing an animal during the hunt or as part of a religious sacrifice, Friendly's long legs buckled and she hit the floor. Instinctually I found myself gathering her up in my arms and laying her down on the guest bed. Jeeves didn't move. "Thanks Christie." she smiled in her drunken haze, stroking my cheek. "You're the best." I didn't know the deal between her and the Brit. Maybe it was a greencard gig? They seemed tight. I couldn't tell. I was definitely out of practice with married women I wasn't married to.
Friendly eventually crawled off to sleep with Jeeves, but around dawn I felt a presence in the room. "Christie? You awake? Where's your aspirin?" I told her and she came back with a glass of water and a pill for me. Before she went back to bed she planted a big soft kiss on my parched lips. How long had I been walking in the desert? It was sort of like riding a bicycle. A smile crossed my face. The sun streamed in the window. The birds tweeted a beautiful song. Now, how could i get Jeeves deported?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home