Tuesday, May 16, 2006

HUNTING JOURNAL- DAY 15

4:00 am- Alarm goes off. Get up. Make coffee. Artie is supposed to meet me at 4:30 and we're going to go down to my brother's and hunt. By 4:45 am he's a no show. 40 degrees, rain and wind. This is the worst weather for turkey hunting. The rain and wind shuts them up. I crawl back in bed.
8:00 am- get up again. Write blog. Start fire. Greg is still in the sack, sawing logs. All day Sunday people kept stopping by. First it was everyone from the previous night's party, Urs, Gunn, Teena, Ginger, Aretha, Chad, Slick, Ling Chow and a South American guy called El Runt (who sings like Frank Sinatra). Then Art and Gary Gormley; and finally Nona, a friend of hers and there two kids show up. Nona's husband Chuck is in Israel trying to solve their problems. Good luck.
Nona's little boy- 7 year old Mandrake and his buddy Michael are making a minature golf course in my lawn. He comes in amped up and muddy. "Christmo, I have two questions for you. First, what is that you keep putting on your lip?" I tell him its stuff for my fever blister. He nodds, satisfied with my response. "AND. Who built that stupid fence?" I tell him my asshole neighbors. ASSHOLENEIGHBORS rolls off his tongue. He goes on for a good five minutes about what I should do to my asshole neighbors in response to the fence. The kid is alright.
8:30 am- Art shows up as I'm putting on my boots. He demures going along and I head for Bird's alone. The woods are amazing. The dogwood and lilac are in bloom. The smell alone is worth the trip. Nothing gobbles, but i don't care.
11:00 am- Starts to rain again. I head home to continue drinking, watching TV and smoking cigarettes with Greg. End day 15.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home