Friday, May 12, 2006

HUNTING JOURNAL- DAY 12

8:15 am- Struggle awake. Last night i went over to Junie Bogart's place, watched the Yankee game and got into the sake. A old friend from high school, Dr. Mel Rosenwasser, is the hand specilaist for the Yanks. The announcer tells us he's working on Hidecki Matsui's broken wrist. Junie and i acknowledge Mel's genius and have another drink. Earlier in the day i had thought about how many Rays I knew- Ray Gilkey, Ray Key, Wray (Milawyer), Wray (My grandfather). Then i got paid from the NYC couple. I folded the check and put it in my pockect. When I went to the bank to deposit the check I saw it was made out to Ray Christmo. I had never mentioned any Rays to the client. What gives? I couldn't deposit the check.
9:00am-Coffee. Write blog. 55 degrees and rainy. Don't go in the woods. We are to bury Ray Gilkey's ashes at 10:30 am. Don't bother listening to the news.
!0:00 am- Go down to the farm and help Ray's son in law and Junie dig a hole for Ray's box. Junie has brought a knife Ray gave him and the antler of a little buck he shot on the farm, to put in the hole. I brought a cut in half gold dollar coin that was part of the 50 my folks gave each of their kids on the occasion of their 50th anniversary. I won't tell you who has the other half. I fall in the mud trying to get a bucket of water up the hill and drench myself. Ray's daughter say's a few words and everyone wells up. I already look like i've been crying because of the bucket of water in my face. We fill in the hole and that's that. I'm still hung over from last night's sake binge. Maybe tomorrow i'll do a little turkey hunting. End day 12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home