Thursday, May 11, 2006

HUNTING JOURNAL- DAY 11

3:00am- Wake up at the sound of rain on the roof. Turn off alarm and decide to sleep in again.
7:00am- Get up. Forgot to get coffee yesterday so get in car and buy a cup at the Exxon station. This time forgoe the butter slathered hardroll. 45 degrees and rain. No wind. NPR news- Top story: Still at war in Iraq and Afganistan. Puff piece on fallen soldier of the week. Every soldier that dies seems to be a football star, loved by the entire community, lived to hunt and fish and had a great sense of humor. What, no assholes join the service? Or are they the ones that escape without a scratch? I have to meet a potential client in Stone Ridge at 11:00 am so don't bother to go in the woods. This NYC couple want me to jack up and move their house, as well as do a complete renovation. I don't want to do it, but need the money so i probably will. They think I know what I'm doing. I'm not going to tell them otherwise.
10:45 am- Stop at The Christmo Angus farm and excavating service down the road from the job. They may be relatives back in the woodpile. Meet a giant bearded man feeding a humongus black bull. This is Claude E. Christmo. We exchange pleasantries and discuss the job. Claude E. says he can do it.
11:15 am- Clients show up with site engineer and we talk foundations. Rain stops. The bugs have come out and I swallow one. All goes well. They want to hire me more every time I tell them I'm not sure I want to take this job.
11:55 am- Meeting's over. I stop my car to take a photo of Christmo Lane. Could this be where Grampa Jeisbert came from? Stop in Wurtsboro for a haircut. End day 11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home