Saturday, February 11, 2006

GOT SUGAR?

Got to West Virginia last night. Went from the hillbilly highlands of Potter Co. PA to the gentile outskirts of Wheeling, WV in 5 hours. Before I left Greg and I finalized the tracks on 11 songs, popped one last Straubs and said our goodbyes. I couldn't believe I hadn't had a hangover all week. I must have drained at least a case and no headache. I brought this curious fact up to Greg and he just nodded knowingly. "Dia-beety beer." he said. Huh? He elucidated. "If Ma's got the "sugars" she drinks Straub. The beer's low in sugar". No matter that all that alcohol turns to sugar immediately...Ma's gotta drink something.
My hosts Milawyer and Mrs. Milawyer are wonderful. They took me out to dinner at the country club, followed by eldest son's high school basket game and daughter's morning swim meet. The youngest runs around the house with no pants on and plays jazz drums. In the afternoon we went out into the hills to a hunting camp at the end of a dirt road so remote the Escalade SUV's GPS couldn't find the spot. Milawyer's buddy and a bunch of his friends were rabbit hunting there. The big story of the morning was one of them was carrying an assumed "dead" rabbit all day just to pull it out, lay it on the ground and watch it skeedaddle. Them bunnys ain't stupid. The pantless drummer and I just got through watching Flavor Flav pick a new girlfriend. I'm rooting for Goldie. She looks like she's got the "sugars". Cheers. Gotta go watch another high school basketball game. GO PARK WHEELING!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home