Thursday, February 09, 2006

SO FAR

Shhh. Greg's asleep. Little feller's all tuckered out. I've been working him hard- fiddle runs, organ leads, slide. marching drum. We haven't laid down a straight guitar track yet. And that's his instrument. I'm his bee-otch, fetching beer, emptying ashtrays, going on food and cigarette road runs. "Light me." he commands. Did I hear "reach around"? I have my limits. But all in all we've been cranking. Coffee at 8. Beer by 10. That's AM. Breaks my heart to see him drink alone. I figure it's part of the price I have to pay for my art. Yes, I'll have another.
My goal is to get 11 songs in the can and make West Virginia before the beaver goes on the grill Saturday. I'll make that party next year. I need a shower and a sober day or two before I continue. Greg's been telling a joke I told him I heard Townes Van Zant tell: Man walks out of the bar and sees his car is missing. So he goes to the phone and calls the cops. The cop comes out and asks where he saw his car last? The guy holds up his keys. "It was right on the end of this key." The cop looks at him with distain and tells him to zip up his fly because his dick is hanging out. The man looks down. "Shit! They stole my gal too!" It's been a big hit down at the Tannery. Greg hasn't given me nor Townes credit so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home