Monday, March 20, 2006

WAIT A MINUTE.

The skys were clear all the way from Chicago to Erie, PA. Then, just as I hit the NYS border down it came again. More snow. So much for the Vernal equinox being less than 24 hours away. I wanted to make it home. I really did. But as it got dark and that road iced up...well 150 miles west of Binghamton I found a motel. Then I thought- what's the hurry? What was waiting for me but a cold house with all the water disconnected. Why hurry? In fact I could turn right and head south if I felt like it. I still had a little money. Who would care?
So I sat on that motel bed and took stock. I poured some of that homemade tequilla in a plastic cup and picked up the guitar. HBO. A hot shower. Nice big bed. In my pocket was a card with my fortune I picked up in SF. "DON'T BE SO IRRITABLE. BE MORE OPTIMISTIC, FORGET YOUR FEELINGS. YOU WILL FIND LIFE HOLDS MOST THINGS YOU DESIRE. YOU HAVE POWERS OF ATTRACTION." In the other pocket was a 88 million power ball ticket I bought in Iowa. I could of already won. Should I continue home in the morning or head for Florida?
In the morning there was that omipresent inch of snow on the car and the wind was whipping. I had purchased a warm thrift store coat in Chicago for $1.50. I pulled up the fur collar and started the car. Well? Which way? I never did tell you about the virgin de Obregon did I? First I have to look up the Iowa lottery. Then I'll decide what direction to take. Happy Spring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home