Wednesday, January 18, 2006

SHEWHO

Last night I got an email from an old girlfriend stating quite succinctly that I should "get over it." She wasn't referring to herself but my ongoing moping and pining for Friendly. Ouch! Truth is I can't get over any of them. Sure some are harder to forget than others but on the whole I think of each and every one every day. There was Sweets my first girlfriend. She lasted all through high school and into college. Then my second girlfriend and first wife Luscious. After the divorce came Honey, Cookie, Candy, Dr. Stripper, Baby-baby and the second wife Mrs. Yummy. Then came Friendly, Twitchy and my current love Shewhocannotbenamed.
As Shewho informed me the other day "If you got me you'd be thinking of ways to get rid of me." This was in response to my bitching over the fact that her husband seemed to get in the way of our dating plans. She was probably right. I had a bad case of wanting what i couldn't have and once getting it....Shewho, Friendly and Candy were all on that list. I'll get to Candy later. Look at Kong. Take that blond away, chain him up and watch the poor fool spin. I bet if they had just let it run its course they would have bored of each other and moved on. "Jesus! Don't you ever brush your teeth?" "You know you could shave those pits once in a while."
A perfect case in point is Shewho. We met when I was with Baby-baby, almost 20 years ago. Our love has survived marraiges (hers and mine) distance, kids (hers) and my propensity to write about all this crap. She understands me. She loves me. She worrys about me. She has very low expectations. I may not show it, but I love and care for her equally. I also have very low expectations. We're made for each other. Add to this the inexplicable fact that our sex life still smokes and so what if society frowns upon this. Must I cite Kong again?
As far as my obsession over Friendly goes, as i told my producer when he bitched over having difficulty writing hearbreaking songs, because of his run of nice, well adjusted girlfriends....pick one. Friendly has become the flailing armed, many headed hydra, representative of all. I blame Friendly for everything that went wrong with all of them. It makes things easy with the chorus. I'm an innocent man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home