Thursday, May 04, 2006

WHO'S CRAZY NOW?

Dr. Stripper was a helluva liar. I could've caught her bent over the sink with the plumber's johnson up her ass and she would somehow spin it to her advantage. What, you don't want me to have an open drain? Eventually I figured out who she was banging and it happened to be a friend of mine....not a close friend, but a friend. Even though i'd done exactly the same thing to other men, this point of the triangle i now found myself impaled on was not at all comfortable. When it all fell apart DS seemed fine with it. I, on the other hand, was a complete mess. In fact, considering the time we were together, my reaction was way over the top. I was depressed, angry and above all pitiful. I hadn't seen a shrink since my divorce with Lucious. It was time again.
As the not guilty verdicts in the trial of the cops who kicked Rodney King's ass was read and South Central LA went up in smoke, I sat blubbering in the psychiatrist's office. Then I got my car towed. That was it. If it wasn't a nervous break down it sure felt like one. I was such a mess Star sent my sister Spunky down on the train from the CT suburbs to look after me. I could barely get out of bed to light a joint. I had no money, no job (except for my two night per week door gig), no girlfriend, my car had been towed and the landlord was taking me to court for my illegal sublet and RELIGIOPATH was only half done. Spunky made me tea and toast and looked after me like a sick pup. My family has never let me down. Of course THIS book's not over yet.
Spunky methodically laid it out. First get the car back. Forget the bee-otch. and deal with the landlord in court. Now why didn't I think of that? It took a few months, but eventually i started coming back to life. Playing lawyer, with my dark suit and empty briefcase helped. "You honor I'd like to ask for a continuence."
"Granted."
I won my case, got my car back, kept working on the book and at the Fish, and still couldn't forget the bee-otch. Maybe Shewho could help. She was married by now but it didn't seem to matter to either of us. That point on the triangle, i had to admit, felt better. It DID help. I rationalized that this wasn't really cheating for me. I was single afterall. My shrink told me to be careful with my choices. I crossed my legs, peered down my nose at her and nodded solemnly. Lets go with that.

1 Comments:

Blogger burnt tortilla said...

"bee-otch"

funny.

yours,

burnt

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home